Thursday, May 31, 2007

"Three minutes thought would suffice to figure this out; but thought is irksome and three minutes is a long time"--A.E. Houseman

One brief disclaimer so as to avoid unnecessary offense--technologically [at the very least], I am an imbecile. As recently as 18 months ago I had no idea what a "blog" was--I used the big, scary computers on my desks to create and maintain documents and correspond via electronic mail and that is basically it. Reading articles about restaurant bloggers and war bloggers piqued my interest, and the rest is marginal history.

I also never expected that anyone would ever read this. The wierd serendipity that would have another "restaurant blogger" stumble across and link to this thing is truly remarkable. To say I am overwhelmed by the response to a thing created solely to stop myself from committing murder or assault as a result of bottled-up rage is a gross understatement.

I am most grateful and honored by all the kind words in the comments, and by all those who find the content herein enjoyable enough to be mentioned on their sites. I will respond whenever I can, and please understand that I probably want to respond at much greater length than I actually do.

I am limited by my lack of expertise, however. There are a great many sites I would like to link to, if only to show my appreciation for their content, but at present I simply don't know how. It is on my list, but then again so are things from 2006. I wouldn't mind throwing a blind email of some kind on here, as well, but again stupidity steps in. One of my posts didn't allow for comments, and I don't know why. Sometimes stuff I have saved as a draft disappears in whole or part and I am clueless as to that as well. You get the idea.

In short, thank you very much and I am terribly sorry if I seem unresponsive. Now, I have to go find my baseball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home