Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?"--Christopher Marlowe

I am in love, head over heels. I am in love with a married, 44-year old mother of five.

I have been conflicted for months over the daunting choice facing me--either abstain from voting in the upcoming presidential election because I could not truly endorse the representatives of my party, or vote for them as the lesser of two evils though I remained sure that if elected they would take the country and its government farther in the wrong direction [though obviously not to the catastrophic ends dreamed of by their opponents].

Governor Palin has made me a believer again. And if John McCain could willingly pick a person made of such stuff to run with him, then he deserves my vote as well.

My God but I cannot remember the last time an office-seeker so captivated me. Ability, eloquence, personality, intelligence--and values--real, bona fide intransigent values not likely to change with each new audience. A real person who has lived a real life in the real world. The douchebag media must be absolutely twisted in knots over this.

That Todd Palin is a lucky fucking guy--that's all I'm saying.

I've got to run out now and get a yard sign and some bumper stickers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home